Job Status: Full Time
The NPI Technician will build and create detailed process instructions and router sheet to assemble the components to meet the customer’s specifications. The NPI Technician will demonstrate knowledge and skills to build wiring harnesses, harness board, assembly jigs, test fixtures, etc.
- Build wiring harness assemblies, cable assemblies, electro-mechanical assembly, box build;
- Document assembly and subassembly builds processes to comply with applicable IPC/WHMA-A-620, J-STD-001 and company standards;
- Able to operate with minimal supervision within defined limits of responsibility;
- Able to support engineering, quality and manufacturing with new tasks or goals when required;
- Use various gauges and measuring devices and be able to use hand tools and small bench top equipment;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- 3 years of hands-on experience in technical work assembling of wiring harnesses, cable and mechanical assemblies;
- Technical degree a plus;
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC-J-STD-001 Certification for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies highly desirable;
- Must understand BOM, blueprint, wire diagram & schematics;
- Previous operational knowledge of Cirris tester a plus;
- Ability to build wiring harness, cable, and electromechanical assemblies and to perform and document verification testing on first article;
- Strong Computer skills with functional knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Organized and detail oriented with a sense of urgency to get the job done;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- United States (Required)