The Electro-Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for Aved’s Electro-Mechanical Engineering of Battery Pack Designs and Manufacturing. The candidate will lead, coordinate, assist in creating test specifications. Will create and maintain quality and cost-efficient Electro-Mechanical designs using Solidworks along with manufacturing controls. Tasks will include continuing support of manufacturing documents, processes, and activities. The candidate will work cross functionally with Manufacturing, Program Management, Materials, and Quality Departments to ensure transition of activities in R&D for production. The candidate will support New Product Introduction (NPI) and be a main contributor to apply the use of automation equipment for production requirements. Maintain direct relationships with our customers as warranted with a strong business acumen is required of this role.
- Electro-Mechanical Battery Pack Designs using Solidworks.
- Deliverables for Product Testing and Test Procedure Development.
- Coordinate build development prototypes along with 3D Printing.
- Continuing support of manufacturing documents, electrical schematics, processes, and activities.
- Support coordination of purchasing Battery Management System Printed Circuit Boards (BMS PCB’s).
- Recommendation of required capital equipment for manufacturing process.
- Assist with NPI schedules and communicate frequent progress updates.
- Communicate with customers for recommendations on design and manufacturing requirements.
- Assist with our compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Drive projects/deliverables to the finish line.
- Work with other team members for responsible for NPI and continuing manufacturing.
- Provide technical support and coaching to team members.
- Identify capacity concerns and drive solutions to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Identify areas for process automation as a means of improving productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-functional teams as a team player.
- Demonstrate analytical and creative thinking.
- Help support training requirements for new/current hires.
- Coordinate with Sales, Materials and Manufacturing Directors to meet customer demands.
- Business Acumen – Demonstrate ability to coordinate proper utilization of time and identify Engineering Design requirements.
- Responsible – Demonstrate ability and held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Well Organized – Possess the trait of being well organized and employing systematic methods.
- Leader – Ability to communicate need and execute goals.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that effect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: BS with preference to Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: 5+ years in Electro-Mechanical Design.